Saturday, April 19, 2008

Official Website

Yesterday the official website was launched. Surprisingly, it works quite well. My signin from last year worked first shot.

Strangely, when I signed in I had a gold crown next to my name, which I would have thought meant I was signed up for VIP, but I have not done so yet. Is this a bug, an anomaly in their database, or do they just love me? Regardless, I think I'd better sign up properly anyway.

They have provided some good teaser videos, slideshows and stories to kick off with. It's good to have some content on there for the launch. Looks like there are a lot of spaces where more information will appear after the launch, e.g. the very vacant looking header bar. Also there are a lot of menus missing that will have to appear later, like the Diary!

Navigation is a bit dodgy. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but things have moved around a lot. The top menus seem out of logical order. This again may sort itself out later.

But thank goodness that horrible dark gloomy website of the last 3 years is gone. This one is very bright and clean and spaced out nicely. It looks a lot easier to read. The video player is also greatly improved on last year, and my video capture software works perfectly with it, so I'll be able to grab copies of all the videos they put up. Last year it was way too tricky!

No comments: