Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Nude Shower Debate

Over the years, some HMs have said they decided to shower naked in the BB House to show they are "being real". Other have been accused of not "being real" because they stay covered up.

In reality, the reality is based on pretending the cameras are not there, not that the HMs are not there.

In my house I don't have cameras watching me, but if I had 13 mates join me in the shower, I would probably want to wear underwear as well. So why should the HMs uncover amongst their peers?

A "real" situtation would be if they had shower cubicles the HMs couldn't see into, but cameras could. If the HM was really acting as they would if the cameras weren't there, then they would nude up in their perceived privacy. Making the showers open plan and shared among genders and ages doesn't prove anything about how the HM is "acting".

No comments: